the supermarket is the case with the unusual units of course continue the same: instead of liters and grams there are pounds and ounces (oz), being used both as a weight to ounces and as unit of measurement for liquids.
The cola or beer can is typically 12 ounces in size, or about 0.35 liters. If greater will we meet once quickly pint, it's about half a liter (also good to know, if you once go to the pub in England).
Many Packaged one has luck, now is often present in addition to U.S. units nor the metric. In this way, you can also learn the conversion to the metric system slightly, but still so certain the feeling is missing for these units.
is particularly bad that at the meat counter: Since I still have no sense of the weight had an ounce, I order my meat just in British pounds (roughly 450g), buy is a quarter pound of ground meat on (OK, I'm also not so little no one buys in America one, not even for itself). Not very surprisingly, the scale used at the meat counter, the pound, the next it is the hundredweight, which is much too large.
The scale at the gym can be kind enough to switch from pounds to Kg. The own weight in the triple digits is already getting used to.
This instilled sense of size is probably the main reason why the United States to keep as
only industrialized nation still on these units. Moreover, the conversion from one size to another is anything but simple: 1 foot is 12 inches, 1 pound is 16 ounces and so on. The children in the school so that certainly have their fun.
But I will not conceal that has prevailed here, too, at least in science, the metric system more or less. And some Americans, with whom I've discussed this unit maze to find the metric system is also much more practical - would not only getting used to.
The cola or beer can is typically 12 ounces in size, or about 0.35 liters. If greater will we meet once quickly pint, it's about half a liter (also good to know, if you once go to the pub in England).
Many Packaged one has luck, now is often present in addition to U.S. units nor the metric. In this way, you can also learn the conversion to the metric system slightly, but still so certain the feeling is missing for these units.
is particularly bad that at the meat counter: Since I still have no sense of the weight had an ounce, I order my meat just in British pounds (roughly 450g), buy is a quarter pound of ground meat on (OK, I'm also not so little no one buys in America one, not even for itself). Not very surprisingly, the scale used at the meat counter, the pound, the next it is the hundredweight, which is much too large.
The scale at the gym can be kind enough to switch from pounds to Kg. The own weight in the triple digits is already getting used to.
This instilled sense of size is probably the main reason why the United States to keep as
only industrialized nation still on these units. Moreover, the conversion from one size to another is anything but simple: 1 foot is 12 inches, 1 pound is 16 ounces and so on. The children in the school so that certainly have their fun.
But I will not conceal that has prevailed here, too, at least in science, the metric system more or less. And some Americans, with whom I've discussed this unit maze to find the metric system is also much more practical - would not only getting used to.
0 comments:
Post a Comment